Saturday, June 18, 2011

uniquelyyours2010

The Shop featured this week is uniquelyyours2010!
She sells "unique" handmade jewelry on etsy.

Visit her shop on esty to view more of her unique creations!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/uniquelyyours2010?ref=pr_shop_more












1. What do you sell, in your own words?
My name is Lori Pentico and my Etsy shop's name is Uniquelyyours2010. I have been designing jewelry since August of 2010. My designed items include earrings, charm bracelets,cha cha bracelets, pins and beaded night light shades. I define my craft as UNIQUE...hence the name of my shop...Uniquelyyours2010.

2. What inspired you to begin your craft in the first place?
I was first inspired to make jewelry to help a good friend who was struck with a medical problem that left her unable to take care of herself. I needed a way to raise money fast so I turned to making jewelry. I have become a self taught jewelry designer since then and I have never taken a class in jewelry designing.
 I have always been creative and determined so I think that this is what helped me alot....I never gave up!

3. What is your most favorite part of your craft?
I love working with colorful beads and charms from all over the world.

4. What is your favorite kind of jewelry to make like (earrings, bracelets, necklaces)?
My most favorite items to make are charm bracelets and cha cha bracelets. They are both deatailed and time consuming, but the final outcome makes it all worth while!

5. Where do you get the materials for your craft?
Most of my supplies come from a company in Oregon called FireMountain Gems and Beads. I have also purchased supplies from overseas.

7. Do you sell your products anywhere other than Eysy? Where?
Along with my Etsy shop, I do sell my jewelry in a Women's consignment shop near my home in Crystal Lake, IL. I also create special orders for family members and friends.

And ...here is some words of advice that uniquelyyours2010 wanted to add......

One bit of advice I could give to other fellow creative Etsy friends is to never give up and ALWAYS believe in yourself! The first year that you start out is rough and very demanding but eventually it all comes together and all the hard work starts to pay off. If you are waiting for opportunities to just drop in your lap...good luck! Only you can make things happen for yourself so get out there and try every avenue you can!

Visit her profile too!
http://www.etsy.com/people/uniquelyyours2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers