Monday, June 27, 2011

bobrobomb

The shop I'm featuring this week is bobrobomb.
He makes original glass vases, pendents, glass flowers and more in flame-worked borosilicate glass.

Visit his great shop on etsy for more of his amazing creations!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/borobomb?ref=pr_shop_more








Here are some questions answered by bobrobomb.

1. What do you sell, in yorur own words?
Original designs in flame-worked borosilicate glass.


2. How would you define your craft?
Historic and traditional, in method; fresh, modern, and unique in design.


3. What inspired you to begin your craft in the first place?
I had the rare opportunity to learn from someone with a studio I could use. Always loved glass, and jumped at the chance to add another medium to my set of disciplines.


4. What is your most favorite part of your craft?
That's a tough one, like What's your favorite song or food? I think the thing I like the most is opening the kiln after a great night of inspired work, especially after a breakthrough in design or technique that I've pursued for a long time. Those "AHAH!" moments where the dues are paid and the glass gods show you the way.


5. If you became a millionaire, what would you do, or say?
I would like to contribute money to the programs that give people hope. Not sure which. Also, I would tackle the project of putting together the shop in our back yard, and proceed to improvements in our home. Then, plant thousands of flowers around the shop and patio to make a place we can enjoy leisure time with friends. My wife's and my own 'Jardin De Joie', or Garden of Joy.


6. If you could only make one item like...(Vases, Jars, Pendents, Flowers) what would you make?
Flowers.

7. What is the hardest part of your craft?
Working at the edge of my ability, trying to push further into the world of skills. That, or marketing, but that is mostly time and some frustration. Probably the hardest thing would be the necessary things that I have no interest in.

8. Where do you get the materials for your craft?
Mostly from a glass supply house that I am fortunate enough to live near. It's like a candy store for glass artists! Winship Designs / Glasscraft in Eugene, Oregon.


9. Do you sell your products anywhere other than Etsy? Where?
Starting soon at jlais.com (website is coming together at this writing); Artfire.com, Zibbet.com, and about 25 shops and galleries in Oregon. Also, we sell from our booth at the Florence Oldtown Market on the boardwalk overlooking the beautiful Siuslaw River Bay, from June through September each year.

I'm feeling spread too thin, not enough hours in a day.... Thanks for your interest, gotta go blow glass!




Visit his profile on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/people/borobomb

1 comment:

  1. what an inspiring interview especially "I would like to contribute money to the programs that give people hope" part :)

    hearted few items on your etsy! ♥

    dita

    ReplyDelete

Followers